It’s that time of year again. That time when every blogger on earth summarizes the past year. For travel bloggers it’s a time to see who flew the most, who visited the most countries, and who has the best stories. I spend a bit of time reading a fair amount of travel blogs and it dawned on me that I haven’t written my part yet. So without further interruption…
2012 Travel Fact Sheet:
Total Flights: 62
Miles Flown: 81,919
Time Spent in Flight: 22 2hours 20 minutes
2012 Travel in a few phrases:
- United 787 Inaugural Flight – I have the photos here and wrote a bit more about it here but I’ll say it again – The inaugural United 787 flight was one of the biggest highlights of the year, if not THE biggest. It was a memorable flight and not only was it an incredible time experiencing a new aircraft but I met a lot of great people including Darren, Summer, Jack, and Chris.
- Snowboarding in Vancouver
- Visited the oldest pub in London
- Attended MDT329
- Bought and ate seafood at the Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo
- May have started a brawl in Las Vegas
- Enjoyed a cup of coffee at the original Starbucks in Seattle
- Definitely didn’t apply enough suntan lotion in Hawaii
- Stumbled across Air Force One
- Found an SR-71 Blackbird still leaking oil
- Also found one of the space shuttles
- Scaled the wall of a castle in Osaka
- May have gotten sick from bad chorizo in Madrid
- Discovered that Montreal has it made with underground shopping. Winter? What winter?
- The Los Angeles Santa Monica boardwalk sells both Botox and Marijuana… right next to each other.
2012 was a fantastic year and I’m hoping I can squeeze in just as much flying in 2013, if not more. Happy new year to everyone.